Sublime Nature Paintings
Every true artist has been captivated and inspired by the magnificence and grandeur of nature at some time in their lives or the other. Before cities and manmade structures existed, it was at the mercy of nature’s forces that mankind lived. It is impossible not to be humbled by the imposing scale and breathtakingly stunning beauty of our natural environment, be it land, water or the skies. Our interaction and admiration of the planet we live on have inspired innumerable nature art paintings since time immemorial.
Some of the best paintings of nature are priceless and are featured in prestigious art galleries around the world. This is not just because of their monetary value but their place in the history of humans as thinking, evolving and sensitive beings who are moved to create by beauty. The most beautiful nature paintings themselves are works of astounding beauty which continue to inspire generations of artists even today. Nature paintings are also known as landscape paintings due to the depiction of natural scenery such as mountains, valleys, trees and other such elements which are arranged in a coherent manner. We have a diverse collection of such paintings on our platform so read further to discover some intriguing facts about the history of nature paintings.
Fascinating Facts about Nature Paintings
Below are a couple of things about nature paintings that you would be wiser knowing:
- In nature paintings of any kind, the sky plays a major role and is always included in the view. Besides this, another aspect that is essential to such works of art is the artist’s accuracy in depicting the weather. These two things are what set the tone and mood of the work so the more realistic they are, the painting has a more solid foundation.
- There are two traditions that can be spoken about in length when it comes to nature paintings, these are the Western paintings and Chinese art. Both of them have a rich history that dates back to over a thousand years ago and are very unique in their own right.
- In the East Asian art tradition of nature paintings, the recognition of a spiritual element is present from its very beginning with references to Daoism and other philosophical traditions of the time. On the other hand, when we consider the Western painting traditions, it only becomes explicit with the dawn of Romanticism.
- While the earliest forms of art from around the world depict very little that can be considered as simple paintings of nature, there are ground-lines and also indications of mountains, trees as well as other natural features. The earliest ‘pure landscape’ painting, with no trace of human depiction, are seen in the frescos from Minoan Greece which date back to 1500 BC.
- One of the major differences between the Western and Eastern traditions of nature paintings is that until the nineteenth century, in the West, this genre was lower in the hierarchy. While in East Asia, the classic Chinese mountain-water ink painting was traditionally the most prestigious form of visual art.
Nature Paintings Online
On Pisarto, you will be smitten by our collection of attractive paintings of nature, beautiful canvas paintings, buddha paintings for living room, and other eye-catching paintings that will enhance the ambience in your home or office. All our paintings are curated from artists from across the world so that you can have a lot of variety. Take some time to visit our website and browse through our diverse gallery for paintings that will speak to your artistic heart!
Nature Paintings - FAQ's
1. What are nature paintings?
Nature paintings are a type of landscape paintings which show the beauty and scale of nature in amazing detail. Although they are categorised as Chinese and Western art, there are many different contemporary forms, including non-figurative works of the 20th century - abstract nature paintings, watercolour depictions of animals in the wild, art pieces featuring varied natural landscapes etc. From Claude Monet to Vincent van Gogh, nature has been the favourite source of inspiration for many esteemed artists throughout the history of time.
Nature paintings can show both flora and fauna in all their native splendour or put a completely offbeat spin on nature without referencing reality. Paintings of nature can be further divided into sub-categories, including riverscapes, seascapes, cloudscapes, etc. They have been used for educational or documentary purposes in the past as they often illustrated the natural grandeur of a region in a particular period in history.
2. Why invest in nature paintings?
Nature art paintings come with many benefits:
- They are pleasing to the eye and can win over even the toughest art connoisseur. Their intricate detailing or clever abstraction has a captivating effect on the onlooker.
- Many studies have concluded that viewing nature paintings can have a soothing effect on the beholder and even be more beneficial than looking at a photograph of the same. They also bestow a better understanding and appreciation of the natural world.
- Our bodies are naturally inclined to respond positively to scenes of nature. Many scientists are of the opinion that paintings of nature balance the two hemispheres of the brain, aiding their function.
- Artworks that show a popular travel destination can serve as beautiful souvenirs to avid travellers who have been to the places that are depicted in them.
3. Why should you buy nature paintings from us?
Pisarto is a no-fuss, one-stop destination for all art lovers and collectors. We stock handmade paintings of nature from renowned and upcoming artists from India and South East Asia. Our wide array of the most beautiful nature paintings will leave you spoilt for choice.
From true-to-life illustrations of scenic backwaters and snow-capped mountains to thought-provoking depictions of ancient, spiritually significant landscapes and animals nursing their young, we have it all. We also offer India-wide shipping, a secure online transaction feature, an easy returns policy and irresistible pricing, among other things. All this is available to you from the comfort of your home or office, or while on the go – all you have to do is to simply browse through our website.
4. How does an artist draw a nature painting?
While many nature paintings are a product of the artist’s imagination, still others depict actual scenes from nature (en plein). After settling on a frame or subject (either flora, fauna or inanimate objects like rocks, rivers, etc.) or an abstraction theme, the artist chooses his/her canvas (cloth canvas, glass, stone, etc.), colouring medium (oil, water, acrylic, glass colours, charcoal pencils, etc.) and other add-ons like binders, brushes of varied shapes and functionality, etc. The main outlines and broad masses are then laid out on the canvas and the appropriate brushstrokes are used to show light and shadow, colour gradient, scale, etc.
Popular SearchesPaintings | Acrylic Paintings | Organic/ Natural Dye | Village Paintings | Charcoal Paintings | Silk Paintings | Love Paintings | Watercolor Painting | Religious Paintings | Landscape Paintings | Modern Art Paintings | Sunset Paintings | Figurative Paintings | Black and White Paintings | White/ Black & White Paintings | Vertical Paintings | Paintings by Shape | Abstract Paintings | Yellow Golden Paintings | Paintings by Size | Nude Painting | Scenery Paintings | Canvas Paintings | Paintings by Price | Small Paintings | Paintings by Shades | Acrylic & Oil Paintings | Large Paintings | Indian Paintings | Oil Paintings | Bright Colors Red Blue Yellow Green Paintings | Multi-color Paintings | Extra Large Paintings | Medium Paintings | Paintings by Medium | Horses Paintings | Square Paintings | Buddha Paintings | Wildlife Paintings | Green Paintings | Paper Painting | Beach Paintings | Mythology Paintings | People Painting | Ship,Sea, Beach Paintings | Beach Paintings | Floral Paintings | Elephant Painting | God Paintings | Walkway Road Paintings
Nature Paintings Online with Price
|Nature Paintings Collection||Nature Paintings Price|
|A New Beginning||
|By the Shore||