Acrylic Paintings: Make Your Walls Stand Out with Modern Artwork
In the 1900s, the first usable acrylic resin was discovered at a chemical company in Germany. Acrylic resin quickly transformed into an all-purpose paint as it combined the properties of oil and watercolours, giving birth to a new and improved pigment formula. In the early years of its discovery, acrylic resin was primarily utilised for industrial purposes. However, in the mid 20th century, several artists such as Mark Rothko, Barnett Newman, and more, started using acrylic paints as an artistic medium. Taking inspiration from these legends, many painters embraced acrylic as a medium, and soon ushered the era of commercial acrylic artwork.
One of the best features of acrylic colour paintings is that they are long-lasting and do not wear off easily, even with moderate light exposure. Due to their artistic texture and appeal, acrylic paintings have now become a significant part of home decor, museums collections and art galleries. With that said, Pisarto is an online art gallery where you can shop paintings at attractive prices. Our platform also allows different artists to showcase their work and reach a wider audience. So, whether you are looking to shop paintings or exhibit your art, reach out to Pisarto.
Different Acrylic Painting Techniques used in Pisarto Artworks
Artists use different styles to create masterpieces. Here are some techniques used in Pisarto’s extensive range of acrylic paintings.
- Dry Brush - This is a pretty straightforward technique in which the artist uses a completely dry brush to create sharp, textured and pigmented colour strokes.
- Washing - For creating effects like watercolour paintings, acrylic paints are diluted with water to create a translucent wash.
- Stippling - This is one of the oldest forms of painting techniques in which a brush is used to create an assemblage of dots with subtle pressure variations.
- Splattering - Flick or splatter a wet brush dipped in pigment onto the canvas is perfect for creating an abstract landscape or adding texture to an art piece.
- Dabbing - There are many canvas paintings where a cellulose sponge or paper towel is utilised for applying paint in dabbing motions to give a unique and artistic appearance.
Decorate Your Space with Creative Acrylic Paintings from Pisarto
Art is more than decoration—it breathes life into a space. So, if you are expecting the same from your room, here are some creative decor ideas to highlight your walls with rich, eye-catching and realistic acrylic paintings.
- Dreamy and Thoughtful Art: Spruce up your space with bird paintings that will continuously inspire you to keep flying to achieve your dreams. Add greenery with wall-mounted planters on both sides of the painting to give it a defined look.
- Grid of Aesthetic Frames: Collect a few of your favourite framed pieces of incredible landscape acrylic paintings through Pisarto. Arrange them in a collage layout to create a unique theme for your space.
Buy Innovative Acrylic Painting Online on Pisarto
Bring the empty walls of your space to life by shopping for beautiful acrylic paintings on Pisarto. Besides that, you can also explore intriguing digital art pieces on our website. Be rest assured as we deliver authentic acrylic canvas paintings and other artworks from several talented artists from across the globe to all Indian pin codes. So, go ahead and sign up on Pisarto to deck up your home with handmade paintings today. And if you are an artist, you can unite with us to showcase your masterpiece to the world.
FAQs - Acrylic Paintings
1.What are Acrylic Paintings?
Acrylic painting is an art style that is created using synthetic acrylic resins. Acrylics dry rapidly and give the visual impression of both watercolour and oil paintings.
Acrylic paintings became popular in the 20th century when artists were concerned about the health risk posed by handling oil paints and its fumes. Hence, in no time, acrylic paintings garnered praises as a safer alternative along with their fast-drying qualities and permanence. Moreover, acrylic paints are known to significantly enhance the tonality and richness of paintings.
2.How do you paint an Acrylic painting for beginners?
As a beginner, choose a subject that is simpler and easy to paint and then follow these five steps to paint acrylic paintings.
- Explore acrylic painting ideas and pick one that looks easy enough for you. Create a rough sketch of the painting with primary elements and shapes on the canvas or tracing paper. If you use the latter, it can be used to transfer the final design on the canvas.
- Plan the layout of your painting and decide where to place your focal point (the centre of your artwork).
- Begin drawing on a tinted canvas that complements your composition.
- Begin painting from the centre of the canvas and then move on to other corners of the canvas.
- Add tiny details in your paintings, such as small shapes and shadows, to add for viewers to decipher and enhance their experience with the artwork.
3.How do you protect an acrylic painting?
To protect acrylic paintings from long term decay, you need to apply a thin protective layer of varnish (a mixture of a solvent and a resin) that creates a robust bond with the surface of your painting.
Steps for Varnishing Acrylic Paintings
- Apply a transparent layer of a solvent - isolation coat to separate the underlying layer of varnish from the paintings.
- Use a lint-free cloth to wipe the surface and make it clean and dry.
- Consider keeping your acrylic paintings in a clean and dust-free room.
- Lay the paintings on a newspaper, cardboard, or MDF (medium-density fibreboard) before varnishing to avoid any spillage on a surface.
- Keep a small piece of wood on each corner of your paintings, so the artwork does not stick to the surface below.
- Use a clean brush to apply strokes from one side to another and from top to bottom.
- Varnish to the point that no brush marks are visible on the surface of acrylic paintings.
- Once you have covered an area, do not go back or you risk dragging dry resin into wet.
- If you have left any area to varnish, first allow the painting to completely dry for an hour or two and then begin the re-varnishing process.
- Finally, choose a flat surface and allow the painting to dry for more than two hours.
You can also perform the above-mentioned task with varnish spray. Follow the first five steps and then spray varnish on your acrylic paintings or images and leave them to dry for two hours or more.
Painting | Sculpture | Radha Krishna Painting | Canvas Painting | Village Paintings | Charcoal Paintings | Silk Paintings | Love Paintings | Watercolor Painting | Religious Paintings | Landscape Paintings | Modern Art Paintings | Sunset Paintings | Paintings for Kids | Black & White Paintings | Woman Paintings | Abstract Painting | Tribal Paintings | Bird Paintings | Nude Paintings | Scenery Paintings | Paintings By Price | Indian Paintings | Oil Paintings | Walkway Road Paintings | Nature Paintings | Horses Paintings | Multi Piece Wall Art | Buddha Paintings | Wildlife Paintings | Human Painting | Mythology Paintings | People Painting | Beach Paintings | Flower Paintings | Elephant Painting | God Painting | Office Paintings | Digital Art | Handmade Painting | Still Life Painting | Paintings for Living Room | Ganesha Painting | Digital Print
Acrylic Paintings Online with price
acrylic paintings Online with Price
|Acrylic Paintings Collection||Acrylic Paintings Price|
|Fish in a Relay||
|Elephants in Motion||
|Shades of Fire||
|3 Panel Wall Art||
|The Red Saffron||
|Musical Oriental Woman||
|Dance of Dragons||
|Fishing Village at Sunset||
|Marketplace at Dawn||