Pisarto Charcoal Paintings - For Walls That Come Alive
Charcoal paintings have been part of art history since the palaeolithic age. Throughout western art history, artists used charcoal for sketching or making paintings during elementary studies. But in modern times, charcoal has become popular among painters for its versatility. Also, they now have the freedom of experimenting with different textures, shades, and tones of paintings.
Charcoal artworks are known for their soft drawing edges that tend to favour broad, vigorous draftsmanship and lay emphasis on the mass and movement of the subject. This lets artists create smooth and easy charcoal sketches that can be easily corrected without being vulnerable to smudges.
Techniques Used in Creating Charcoal Paintings
For centuries, charcoal paintings were made by artists as surrealistic pieces of art that majorly depicted humanoid figures, gods and goddesses, and mother nature. Here are a few prominent techniques that artists use to create charcoal paintings:
Interior Decor Ideas for Your Favourite Charcoal Paintings
Use the following tips for boosting your interior decor with statement charcoal paintings.
For displaying your collection of charcoal paintings, you can use a picture ledge that showcases your favourite style of art. You can use these ledges to fill the blank spaces of your wall with something staple and arty. For example, you can club your favourite charcoal paintings together and place them on a ledge that matches the colour of the frames.
Your favourite charcoal paintings can be hung at different heights on a narrow wall with dangling frames. The uneven length of your favourite paintings will make your walls look more eye-catching. You can consider a cityscape charcoal painting to add more life to your walls.
You can hang a charcoal painting over a white curtain backdrop for creating a minimalistic look. A nature painting will be a perfect choice if you hang it over a curtain drop -- this will lend an aesthetic look to your room.
Buy Charcoal Paintings From Pisarto
Shop for a variety of charcoal paintings from talented artists on Pisarto and make your home come alive. Whichever painting you choose, Pisarto offers quality artworks that are delivered to your doorstep in no time. So, choose Pisarto and make your home an art destination.
FAQs - Charcoal Paintings
1. What is charcoal painting?
Charcoal paintings are a form of artwork where the charred sticks of wood are used to create artworks. The painting style is believed to be a staple for many artists’ study and a great way to practice gestures in the artworks. Charcoal paintings are usually created using a massive level of gradation and varying pressure of fingers. This technique has been used by numerous artists to create a whole new kind of charcoal painting images.
2. How to protect charcoal painting?
To protect charcoal paintings from smearing, you need to use a mixed solution of resin and glue. Many charcoal paintings are made using this mixed solution as it helps in making the paintings last longer. It is one of the essential charcoal painting techniques that keeps the artwork permanent and smudge-free.
You can also opt for a charcoal fixative spray that will prevent the paintings from getting damaged or smeared. Here are the steps you can follow to spray the fixative on the charcoal paintings:
- Make sure you choose a well-ventilated room for spraying the fixative on the charcoal paintings.
- Place the painting on a flat surface, and adhere it with an artist tape or a clip to prevent it from moving.
- Use a drafting brush to brush away the charcoal residues off the painting. It will help in removing any loose particles without smearing your artwork.
- Spray the fixative in a continuous motion without any intervals and make sure to cover the entire area with a mist.
- Make sure that you do not saturate or soak the canvas as it can make the charcoal particles to float on the surface.
- After spraying, leave the painting to dry. You can keep it on the flat surface untouched for 30 minutes or more.
- Ensure the entire canvas is covered with the spray by applying a second coat of the fixative on the painting.
- After using the spray for the second time, leave it to dry for more than 30 minutes.
- Finally, frame your charcoal paintings with your desired materials, and then would be ready to be hung or placed in your home.
3. Who are some of the most famous artists in charcoal paintings?
Here is a list of some famous artists that have garnered praises around the world for their beautiful charcoal paintings:
- Adonna Khare: She is a contemporary artist from the United States who is known for combining realistic depictions of wildlife with fabulist image-based storytelling. Khare asks her viewers to decode some artistic messages in her paintings that talk about the reality of the world.
- Pierre-Yves Riveau: He is a French artist who focuses on painting statement pieces with realistic rendering. He offers new perspectives by continually aiming towards making charcoal paintings that are relevant to humans.
- Paul Lung: The artist is known for his hyper-realistic charcoal paintings that depict the lives of animals, particularly cats. He mostly focuses on making textures, lights, and shades, stand out.
- Marco Mazzoni: He is an Italian artist who is known for merging various botanical elements and designs in his paintings. He mostly depicts 16th-18th century Sardinian herbalists that were associated with butterflies and flowers.
Popular SearchesPaintings | Acrylic Paintings | Organic/ Natural Dye | Landscape Paintings | Square Paintings | Religious Paintings | Figurative Paintings | Horizontal Paintings | Bright Colors Red Blue Yellow Green Paintings | Mythology Paintings | Village Paintings | Black and Dark Shades Paintings | Acrylic & Oil Paintings | Canvas Paintings | Green Paintings | Abstract Paintings | Small Paintings | Mixed Media Paintings | Radha Krishna Paintings | Buddha Paintings | Wildlife Paintings | Bird Paintings | Split Panel Multi Piece Paintings | Charcoal Paintings | God Paintings | Multi-color Paintings | Floral Paintings | People Painting | Woman Paintings | Elephant Painting | Watercolor Painting | White and Light Shades Paintings | Ganesha, Ganpati Paintings | Large Paintings | Cityscape Paintings | Animal Paintings | Modern Art Paintings | Scenery Paintings | Pen & Ink Paintings | Yellow Golden Paintings | Vertical Paintings | Ship, Sea, Beach Paintings | Black and White Paintings | silk paintings | Walkway Road Paintings | Nature Paintings | Still Life Paintings | Love Paintings | Human Painting | Indian Paintings
Charcoal Paintings Online with price
charcoal paintings Online with Price
|Charcoal Paintings Collection||Charcoal Paintings Price|