Artworks - FAQs
What does the artwork mean?
An artwork is created to give expression to an idea or emotion by the artist. This could be a painting, sculpture, drawing or photograph. What it means depends on how you interpret it, and this is subjective. This is the reason that painting artwork may mean different things to different people. However, here are two simple ways in which you can find the meaning of a work of art:
- Shapes – There are two types of shapes in an art piece, which are geometrical and organic. On the one hand, the geometrical shapes include square, circle, triangle, rectangle and so forth. On the other hand, organic shapes are irregular and asymmetrical.
- Features – This categorised is assigned to artworks on aspects other than shapes such as abstract, realist, surrealistic, pop art and many others. A close look at the lines, colours, use of space and other characteristics will help you categorise the artwork into a theme.
How to choose the best artwork for the home?
Your home is an extension of yourself, and so the art in it reflects your personality. We have put together a few easy pointers that you will find useful when selecting the best artwork for home:
- Stay True – While making decisions about your wall paint and furniture follows certain rules, you can listen to your heart when it comes to art. A creative artwork can bring in unexpected, surprising and interesting facets to even the most neutral-toned decor.
- Size Counts – You can never underestimate the effect that the size of an art piece has on a space. For instance, if the piece you choose is too big, then it can feel overpowering. Similarly, when a single piece is smaller in comparison to other items in the space, then it does not get noticed at all.
- Room Calling – Every room in your home has a different purpose and thus calls for a variation in the artwork. For example, you could go with a large piece for your bedroom that is hung at eye level. This should ideally also be in soothing and relaxing hues to let you unwind effortlessly.
What are the different types of artworks?
On Pisarto, you are sure to find a wide variety of art from artists across the globe. Go ahead and conveniently search for them based on category, surface, material, price and orientation. Some of the different types of artwork which you can expect to find here include:
- Wildlife – Enjoy the forms, movement and behaviour of animals captured in realistic as well as whimsical ways.
- Landscape – The beauty of nature and charm of rural cities are depicted in many artworks which can elevate the ambience in a space.
- Religious – Your walls will speak the language of your faith through art pieces that bring peace and auspiciousness to your room.
Where are the most famous artworks?
Here is a list of some of the most famous artworks that are recognised worldwide:
- Mona Lisa by Leonardo da Vinci, 1503 in the Louvre, Paris
- The Starry Night by Vincent van Gogh, 1889 in the Museum of Modern Art, New York
- The Last Supper by Leonardo da Vinci, 1498 in the Santa Maria Delle Grazie Monastery, Milan
- Girl with a Pearl Earring by Johannes Vermeer, 1665 in the Mauritshuis, The Hague
- The Birth of Venus by Sandro Botticelli, mid-1480’s in the Uffizi Gallery, Florence
Oil Paintings | Ceramic | Sculpture | Still Life Paintings | Landscape Paintings | Nature Paintings | Scenery Paintings | Indian Paintings | Modern Art Paintings | Artworks | Bird Paintings | Sunset Paintings | Black and White Paintings | Charcoal Paintings | Black and White Paintings | Wood sculptures | Fish Painting | God Paintings | Ceramics paintings | hallway Paintings | Calligraphy Paintings | Bronze sculptures | Kids room Paintings (online paintings for kids) | Horses Paintings | Floral Paintings | Bed room Paintings | relief sculptures | silk painting | spiritual paintings | Ship Paintings | Figurative Paintings | Paper Painting
artworks Online with Price
|Artworks Collection||Artworks Price|
|Radha Krishna - 5 (SG)||
|Stone Sculpture Devi Saraswati SC-004||
|Stone Sculpture Durga S-99-79||
|Stone Sculpture Nataraj S-99-74||
|Vastu Ganesha in White Stone SC-99-95||
|Buddha in Abhaya Mudra in White Stone SC-99-98||
|Konark Wheel in Pink Stone SC-99-99||
|Stone Sculpture Ganesha with Flute S-99-55||