Fish Paintings - Aquatic Life Form Flourishes in Art
As a subject, fishes have made their presence felt in art since the prehistoric days. Their representation in wall paintings has helped our generation understand life as it was back then. With time, fishes took the form of religious symbols in the early Christian era. It was majorly during the Renaissance that realistic fish paintings came into being, thanks to the advent of the printing press.
By the 20th century, many prominent artists across the globe have tried their hand at fish paintings. While many of these modern art paintings had a sense of realism to them, there are quite a few abstract fish paintings that have been popular for their use of symbolism.
The Collection of Fish Paintings on Pisarto
The fish painting collection on Pisarto features artworks from a varied range of styles. Prominently featuring works from India and Indonesia, these fish inspired nature paintings to showcase an interesting use of colouring styles to convey both realism and well as abstractness. Hence, these paintings would make for a pretty sight in any household or office.
Distinct Themes in Fish Paintings
On further delving into the themes showcased within the fish painting collection on Pisarto, here are some prominent ones that you will come across on the platform.
- Symbolism - Art lovers worldwide have begun to appreciate symbolism on a larger scale. The idea of exploring meanings within paintings makes for an interesting experience altogether. Also, this phenomenon is just not restricted to a single subject in art. There have been considerable instances where animal paintings have given a voice to the artist’s powerful thoughts.
- Stylised realism - While hyper-realist imagery can now be created with digital tools, the charm of realistic fish paintings with the stylish effect of colours and strokes is irreplaceable. For example, paintings of koi fish in a pond when putting to paper, takes on a visually striking presentation, due to the artist’s distinct style.
- Abstractness - In such fish paintings, the interpretation is left to the viewer. However, the experiments in visual styles are surely eye-catching in this painting theme. Many a time, the use of colour in such paintings are known to stand out in the eye.
Buy Fish Paintings on Pisarto
So, whether you are an art enthusiast or just looking to uplift your home decor, you are sure to find your desired pick in the fish painting collection on Pisarto. Apart from artworks inspired by aquatic life, the platform also features varied options such as Buddha paintings, cityscape paintings, figurative paintings, and mythology-inspired artworks, among other options.
As for deliveries, Pisarto delivers paintings to all Indian pin codes and orders above Rs 7500 are shipped for free. In case you are looking to buy artwork in bulk or your workplace, avail the option of bulk and corporate bookings on the website. With such amazing services on board, you have all the reasons to indulge the inner art lover in you and explore the eye-pleasing collection of fish paintings on the platform.
FAQs - Fish Paintings
1. Where to place fish paintings at your home?
The Vastu Shastra suggests that fish paintings bring abundant wealth, luck, and flow of new opportunities in the owner’s life. So, it is beneficial to hang or place fish paintings on the east, southeast, or north walls of your home or workspace. The positioning of fish paintings plays an important role in decorating a space.
The north side of the room is related to one’s career, and hanging a fish painting on that wall is believed to bring immense success. The east side usually governs health and family, so it is beneficial to hang fish paintings alongside photographs of your beloved ones. The southeast wall talks about the fame the paintings bring to the owner. So, make sure that you hang or place plaques or award certificates with the fish painting.
2. What does fish paintings symbolise?
A fish in an artwork is considered to be the symbol of life. Fish paintings symbolise the origin of someone’s life as per the traditional concepts of the evolution from aquatic creatures to humans. This symbolism is commonly found in ancient Indian, Mesopotamian, Egyptian, and Celtic cultures.
Fish paintings also had a massive significance in various religions. For example, fish paintings in Christianity were considered holy and a symbol of baptism. As a fish cannot live without water, a true Christian would not find true salvation without passing through the waters of baptism.
3. How to make fish paintings?
Here are the steps you could follow to make a fish painting. If you are a beginner, then start with koi fish painting that are easy to make:
- Start by making sharp lines with a pencil that shows the movement of the fish for a pleasing composition. Always start from the centre and work out to find the outline that defines the subject.
- Then use a 4b pencil and press a bit harder to get a more precise outline of the subject.
- You can add some details around the fins, tails, eyes, and body of the fish. Make sure you create an outline later to fill the fish painting with watercolours.
- Erase the positioning marks in the sketch before adding colours.
- Apply water on the canvas and make it wet so that the colours you add later get easily blended.
- Start by adding the primary yellow colour onto the sketch.
- Then start adding red and orange paint to the fish painting that will make the subject appear more realistic.
- Choose black, brown, or other dark colours to create an interesting range of marks onto the fish.
- Then start with making the shadow of the fish. Make sure you make a rough sketch of the shadow and then add a light shade of black paint in it.
- Draw additional subjects in your fish paintings for making it look more realistic. You can roughly sketch algae, corals, and other marine creatures in the background.
- Use light colours and paint the ancillary subjects. Please make sure the colours are contrasting as they might clash with the primary subject.
- Check for any errors in the painting and fill the necessary areas with required colours.
- Varnish your entire fish painting to make it last longer and use wooden frames to showcase it on your wall.
Popular SearchesPaintings | Acrylic Paintings | Organic/ Natural Dye | Multi-color Paintings | Village Paintings | Canvas Paintings | Horizontal Paintings | Mixed Media Paintings | Green Paintings | Pen & Ink Paintings | Paintings by Size | Wildlife Paintings | Square Paintings | Vertical Paintings | Abstract Paintings | Figurative Paintings | God Paintings | Large Paintings | Bird Paintings | Paper Painting | Black and White Paintings | Small Paintings | People Painting | Love Paintings | Charcoal Paintings | Horses Paintings | Cityscape Paintings | Mythology Paintings | Human Painting | Sunset Paintings | Dog Painting | Fish Painting | Religious Paintings | Watercolor Painting | Modern Art Paintings | Buddha Paintings | Beach Paintings | Nature Paintings | Radha Krishna Paintings | Ganesha Paintings | Elephant Painting | Nude Painting | Landscape Paintings | Scenery Paintings | Tribal Paintings | Oil Paintings | Still Life Paintings | Floral Paintings | Sculpture | Animal Paintings
Fish Wall Paintings Online with price
|Fish Paintings Collection||Fish Paintings Price|
|The Midas Touch - 2||
|Fish in a Relay||